Art Therapist, Alahna Roach is offering a five-week support group for women of all ages, drawing on art-making to heal and enrich women’s lives. Join Alahna in a hands-on exploration of creativity where you will explore a variety of art media and learn how art can contribute to your psychological, emotional and social wellness.
The group will meet on Saturdays from 2-4:30 pm and will run from October 26 through November 23rd at the Women’s Health Resource Library in Milbridge.
This group is for any woman with a desire to be creative, regardless of skill or experience with art-making. Come and enjoy the camaraderie of women while you create personal art and give your creative power some much-needed attention and celebration!
The cost is $10 per session, or sign up for the complete series for $40. Contact Alahna at email@example.com or 303-532-6660 to register or to simply learn more about the sessions.
- October 26th: CHOICE…how we work within the limits of what we have available to us
- November 2nd: VOICE…listening to ourselves, and making ourselves heard
- November 9th: PERSPECTIVE…shifting our points of view, broadening our awareness
- November 16th: POSSIBILITY…opening to what’s possible, bolstering courage to create
- November 23rd: THE CIRCLE…honoring what we receive from and give to others, and LETTING GO…learning from the transformative power of Nature
Each week will feature different materials and themes designed to explore some of the special qualities of the creative endeavor that correspond powerfully with women’s lives and experiences. Through the media of charcoal, pastels, clay, and collage we will journey through the creative process, exploring themes of choice, working with the materials available to us in our art and in our lives.