OUR MISSION: To advance and promote the health and
well-being of the woman, the family, and the community.
The WHRL is refining how we accomplish our mission. The new WHRL website embodies this fresh approach with a series of blogs. In addition to information about the WHRL and its programs, these blogs bring you timely articles on health and well being written by experts and members of our community.
Visit and you’ll find blog posts in categories like:
- Food (the health benefits of strawberries and Ora Aselton’s Strawberry Spinach Salad)
- Fitness (Becky Lee’s article on hiking Pigeon Hill)
- Health (Chris Kuhni’s article on when you daughter should have her first pap)
- Life & Family (Kristen Burke’s article on pain management during labor)
- Home & Gardening (Coming soon!)
- Teens (Hannah Bennett’s article on bullying)
- Creativity (Coming soon!)
The scope of topics WHRL Online will cover is comprehensive.
A sincere thank you to Machias Savings Bank for partially underwriting the development of the new WHRL online.
Write for WHRL Online
What are you passionate about? Is it related to health, happiness, or well being? Consider writing a blog post for WHRL Online. Click here for the Editorial Guidelines. Contributors will receive a bio at the end of their post that includes a link to their website.
Excited about this idea and have questions? Contact Susan Jordan Bennett.
Subscribe to WHRL Online
You can subscribe to be notified when news and blog posts are published on WHRL Online. Click here to subscribe via RSS or email.